1. Patients will be called and screened when they book and the day prior to their appointment. To use when scheduling or confirming appointments as well as upon arrival:
Do you have new onset of any of the following symptoms:
— sore throat
— shortness of breath/breathing difficulties
Do you have new onset of two or more of the following symptoms:
— Runny nose
— Muscle aches
— Loss of Smell or Taste
— Hoarse Voice
— Nausea, Vomiting or Diarrhea for more than 24 hours
If the patient answers yes to any of the symptoms in question 1 or 2 or more of the symptoms in question 2, refer the individual to Health Links for further assessment and possible testing (204-774-6581). Advise the patient that they will not be penalized for cancelling and can call back to reschedule as soon as they can confirm that they are no longer symptomatic/do not need to self-isolate. If the patient answers no to all of the above questions, then confirm the appointment as scheduled.
2. The following surfaces are disinfected before and after each patient:
– Doorknobs both into the office and into the treatment room
– Washroom keys
– Light switches including lamp light switch in treatment room
– POS system
– Desk surface in main area and treatment room
– Chair surfaces in waiting area and treatment room
– Water bottle
– Sink taps
– Massage table
– Lotion pump
– Massage stool
3. Each patient must sign a document stating they do not have symptoms, have not traveled, have not been with someone who has traveled, and know the risks of treatment.
4. Therapist’s hands will be washed before and after each patient and if the therapist touches anything that has not been disinfected.
5. Upon arrival each patient will be directed to use hand sanitizer.
6. Patients will be asked to put their clothing into the plastic bin in the room or on the chair.
7. Patients will be encouraged to arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before their appointment.
8. Patients will be booked more than 45 minutes apart to allow for cleaning time. With a max of 3 patients per day.
9. Therapist will wear a mask while patient in is the office.
10. Patient will be directed to wear a mask while face up on the table. A mask will be provided if patient does not have one.
11. Dirty laundry will be stored in a hard, washable, sealable, bin, in disposable bag, or in disinfected bag.
12. Paying with cash will be discouraged.
13. Any transfer of documents between patient and therapist will be handled and then therapist hands will be washed